Why give to GECAC?
It’s for the kids! We do it for the kids. You can help us—you can help us build self-esteem and self-worth in our youth; make a difference that can change a life and give every child a chance; expand our program to new communities; and assist our schools in educating the next generation of young people so they can become successful adults.
PROGRAMS YOU CAN SUPPORT
- Tutoring Encourages Achievement, Coaching & Hardwork (TEACH): Mentor/Tutoring: Our core program offers focused mentor/tutoring in various subjects to students receiving one or more below average grades.
- Homework Assistance Program: Offers a group setting for students who can work independently but need some assistance.
- Reading to the 2nd Power: Conducted in a small group setting, the program increases comprehension and encourages reading.
- After School Advantage Program: Conducted three hours after school offering students one hour each of homework assistance, enrichment activities and physical education.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (STEM & STEAM Programs)
- Summer Drop In Program: This is a summer only program in which students currently enrolled in GECAC programs can continue tutoring through the summer. Work packets are provided.
- Health Education: Staff delivers healthy messaging and provides activities such as, gardening, physical activity, taste and learn events, healthy snacks and a supper program that aligns with USDA guidelines.
- Volunteer Mentor/Tutors