GET INVOLVED AND GIVE EVERY CHILD A CHANCE!
It’s for the kids! We do it for the kids. You can help us—you can help us build self-esteem and self-worth in our youth; make a difference that can change a life and give every child a chance; expand our program to new communities; and assist our schools in educating the next generation of young people so they can become successful adults.
YOU CAN BE THE DIFFERENCE
The graph below shows the percentage of students in different types of tutoring who had a positive grade change in any subject. The large majority of students receiving any kind of GECAC tutoring services in 2016 showed generalized academic improvement (82.2%) or higher). *San Joaquin Data Co-Op
- TEACH (Tutoring Encourages Achievement, Coaching & Hardwork) 82.2%
- HAP (Homework Assistance Program ) 100%
- ASAP (Afterschool Advantage Program) 84.1%
- Overall 83.4%
PROGRAMS YOU CAN SUPPORT
- Tutoring Encourages Achievement, Coaching & Hardwork (TEACH): Mentor/Tutoring: Our core program offers focused mentor/tutoring in various subjects to students receiving one or more below average grades.
- Homework Assistance Program: Offers a group setting for students who can work independently but need some assistance.
- Reading to the 2nd Power: Conducted in a small group setting, the program increases comprehension and encourages reading.
- After School Advantage Program: Conducted three hours after school offering students one hour each of homework assistance, enrichment activities and physical education.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math (STEM & STEAM Programs)
- Summer Drop In Program: This is a summer only program in which students currently enrolled in GECAC programs can continue tutoring through the summer. Work packets are provided.
- Health Education: Staff delivers healthy messaging and provides activities such as, gardening, physical activity, taste and learn events, healthy snacks and a supper program that aligns with USDA guidelines.
- Volunteer Mentor/Tutors