• Over 40 Tutoring Sites – Conveniently located throughout Manteca, Lathrop, French Camp, Tracy, Ripon and Weston Ranch (Stockton)
• Community service hours for college applications
• Educational scholarships for graduating seniors
• Flexible Schedule ~ You select the grade, days, subject and time that best fits your schedule
A student that is challenged in school will be challenged in life. By volunteering to mentor/tutor a child to read, write, and learn, you can discover your power with just one hour. Volunteer and change a life.
Your Time – Their Future!
“It feels good to know that you are needed.”
“Even the smallest improvement is a victory.”
“An hour spent is worth 1,000 memories.”
“Helping kids achieve their goals is so exciting.”
“When you see the excitement and hope on the faces of the kids, you really know that you are a part of something special.”
The Benefits of Tutoring: Making A Difference!
People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, especially wanting to help others. Adding your effort to the work of others makes everyone’s life better. Think about how much you receive when you give and consider why you want to volunteer. You may have several reasons. Here are a few identified by some of our volunteers: “tutoring was wonderful because I had someone who responded and ultimately gained strength with her reading skills”; “tutoring at GECAC made me feel that I not only made a difference in the life of another but in mine also”; “tutoring made me feel like a wonderful role model for kids”; “it has given me a purpose and enjoyment”; Remember that the motivations you have to offer your services may not be the reasons you stay. Once you’re on the volunteer job, you will continue to serve as long as you feel that your efforts are accomplishing something, that your time/talents are appreciated, and that you make a difference. As long as you are truly serving through your volunteer work, isn’t it wonderful that such an exchange occurs? In fact, it tends to strengthen your commitment to volunteering when you can see the benefits to both the recipient of your efforts and to yourself. It is much more comfortable than “charity” because it upholds the self-esteem of those with whom you volunteer. When pondering your next volunteer experience, please think of us and help put a smile on a child’s face. “It’s not the years in your life that count, it’s the life in your years” – Abraham Lincoln.
- Of Teach students had a positive grade change in any subject and in any primary tutoring subject 77.9%
- Of Teach students strongly agree that their grades have improved while being tutored at gecac 79%
- Of Teach students rated their experience at gecac 8, 9, or 10, on a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the highest possible) 82.2%